Saturday, November 23, 2013

We Did it!

What can be a better way to start a weekend than this!

Within four days after I started the fundraiser campaign for Samir Khadgi and his family-- a poor family who became victim of the dirty politics, we have raised USD 2195. That's  10% more than the goal I set up at the beginning of the fundraiser. The response I received from friends, friends' friends and all the Nepalese people have been truly amazing. I am amazed at how fast we Nepalese can come together to help a family in Need.

Here's a link of downloadable version of the list of donors, source of donations, associated fees and total raised.   Here's the list sorted alphabetically by first name. Contact me regarding any questions you have about the fundraising process and the delivery. Please keep checking the blog for updates.

I can not thank you enough for your help regarding the campaign. I want to leave with the following quote:

There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness. -- His Holiness The Dalai Lama 

No comments:

Post a Comment